Monday, April 20, 2009

First Camping Trip of the season...




This is the view from the back of our campsite. Our friends camped next to us in tents.











Jacob back from getting a shower!






















Emma doing a craft at the campsite.


So this was a much needed camping trip for our family. And a great time of reflection for this mama. I pondered many a scripture verses while I was away.
Job 40:22 The lotus-trees cover him with their shade; The willows of the brook compass him about.
I am reminded over and over again that the Lord is my shade tree. If I only remember to go sit under him. Kinda of reminds me of the old addage" you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink." In my own subborness I refuse at times to do everything in God's strength, but seem to think *I* am the only one who can get it done and get it done in my time. Forgetting that the Lord has his perfect timing and I should be submissive to his will for my life instead of my own.
After having a wonderful conversation with a friend of mine, I felt an entire weight being lifted off my shoulders, how I love my sisters in Christ who encourage me to keep on keepin on. Bearing with me in all things, and especially in love. (Romans 14)
I am ready to sit under the tree again, I am ready to put off my own selfishness and rely on God's perfect will for me and my family. I am so thankfull for the way he uses my family to help me, and I need to be encouraged by thier usuage instead plagued with guilt by it.
Mama is back! and God is sooo GOOD!!

2 comments:

  1. Emma is so damn cute. I just want to squeeze her to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post! you encouraged this momma too!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete