Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Something New...

So after 12 years of service to us, we retired our old King Size bed. Now this bed deserved retirement, it had a huge sag in the middle, it lasted through 5 children, a black lab, and much more torment. The box spring no longer had spring, as a matter a fact it was being held in place with plywood. Yea, it was bad.

We had no choice but to buy a bed ASAP, as their was an unexplainable accident that caused the bed to finally be declared "done".

Now keep in mind, this Mama pays full price for NOTHING!! So to be able to find a bed on sale in one day was a task. Especially since my last bed cost me $400.00, now I knew I wouldn't find that same deal. But two people had mentioned Sleepys to me, I took that as a sign.
So off to Sleepy's me and my mom go. In their clearance warehouse they had 3 queen beds but no kings!! Oh, man....Now way can we downsize!! We are use to having all that room....What to do..
We lay down on the beds and one of them feels like heaven....I call Big Daddy and have him come down to try it out..Feels good to him too!
So off we go with a Queen.
Took us at least a week to get used to it. But we love it.
Below is some pics of the luxurious sheets I got for $29.99-600 thread count..
and the comforter set included all you see for $59.99.
The bed itself is one of the new "green" beds, is a Sealy "Cottonblossom" mattress.
It's made of cotton, aloe and natural latex, no petroleum products.
I'm super happy with it!



Missing a decorative pillow here. But you get the idea.


love the chocolate brown sheets!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice!!! I love brown and blue- it is what I plan to do in the boys bathroom.
    Love,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the exact colors in my bedroom too! Like minds and great taste! We redid our room last year. Although my bed is older, the bedding came from TJMax and Marshalls and you know I didn't pay MSRP either! I was not paying $30 for a pillow! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete