Thursday, May 28, 2009

Seasons

1
Spring rain is soo beautiful. It's a gentle soft fall from the heavens to the ground.
We live on a very small lot. I tend to refer to it as a postage stamp. I try to make the most out of my lot, and use it to the best of it's abilities. It's been many years of trial and error to see what will work and what doesn't. Below are some pictures of what we having going on right now around the 'homestead'. :)


There is a time for everything,and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot


Basil, Organeo, Italian parsley, and mint.
I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit.Leviticus 26:4
For the first time in 5 years this rose bush bloomed, a single bud.



This is the most yellow blooms, I've had on this bush in years.






I have more planting to do yet. But I'm waiting for my hubby to make the rest of the garden area. Because we live near the Ocean, we don't really have dirt. We have sand and rock. So we will go to the dump get some free land fill and create the rest of the garden. We are hoping to use a 6x6 railroad tie to create the border. And then fill it with zucchini, eggplant, peppers and greenbeans. I would also like to create a potatoe bin, not sure on how I want to do it yet, read about using a garbage can or recycled tires.
I look forward to any suggestions anyone might have on container gardening or gardening in small spaces.
blessings





1 comment:

  1. The garden is coming out great! I am sure Theresa will post about her potatoes in a garbage can. You dont need a lot of land to crate great gardens and food. Smaller gardens are easier to maintain. Keep sending those pictures!
    Love,
    A

    ReplyDelete